Taiwan Essentials 8 Days
Day 1 – Australia to Taipei (Sunday)
Fly with Singapore Airlines to Taipei and private transfer (vehicle with driver) to your hotel. (May be an overnight flight, depending on departure city.)
Stay one night at the Howard Plaza Hotel in Taipei.
Day 2 – Taipei to Sun Moon Lake
(Seat-In-Coach) You will be picked up from your hotel lobby for the drive to Sun Moon Lake located in the lofty mountains of central Taiwan. Stop at the Literature Warrior Temple (also known as Wenwu Temple) dedicated to Confucius as Master of the Pen, the Holy Monk Shrine and Ci En Pagoda. Tour the scenic lake.
Stay one night at the Fleur De Chine Hotel in Sun Moon Lake. (B)
Day 3 – Sun Moon Lake to Kaohsiung
(Seat-In-Coach) Drive to Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Monastery and take a walking tour through the grounds. If you wish, join the monks for a vegetarian lunch (at your own cost). Travel on to Kaohsiung City, the second largest city in Taiwan, visiting Love River and Lio Ho Night Market.
Stay one night at the Grand Hi-Lai Hotel in Kaohsiung. (B)
Day 4 – Kaohsiung to Taitung
(Seat-In-Coach) Kenting National Park, on Taiwan’s southern tip, is visited this morning. See miles of coral rimmed shoreline, stopping at Eluanpi light house, Maopitou coast scenic area and Longpan Park. Travel on via Southern Link Highway, to Taitung.
Stay overnight at the Hotel Royal Chihpen in Taitung. (B)
Day 5 – Taitung to Hualien
(Seat-In-Coach) Enjoy a scenic drive along the East Coast National Scenic Area, a 170 kilometre section of coastline with an interesting array of landforms caused by weather and erosion. Stops en route include Xiaoyeliu, Sanxiantai, Shitiping (Stone Steps) and a marble factory and showroom.
Stay one night at the Silks Place Taroko in Hualien. (B)
Day 6 – Taroko National Park to Taipei
(Seat-In-Coach) Spend the whole day in Taroko National Park. Taroko Gorge is an exceptionally beautiful, narrow ravine cut deep into mountains of solid marble. The road through the park is carved into sheer walls of rock snaking between forested peaks. Stops will be made at Swallow Grotto, Changchun Temple (Eternal Spring Shrine) and Cingshui Cliff. Return to Taipei via Syue-Shang Long Tunnel and arrive at your hotel around 6pm.
Stay one night at the Howard Plaza Hotel in Taipei. (B)
Day 7 – Depart Taipei
At leisure until transfer by private vehicle with driver to the airport for departure flight. (B)
Day 8 – Arrive Australia
- Make a Booking
- Departure dates and prices
Depart on Mondays only Twin Share ex Aust Twin Share Land Only Single supp. Jan – Dec 2017 $1597 $1240 $834 Jan – Dec 2018 Register now – prices to be advised
Prices are per person, in Australian dollars. Please confirm prices when booking.
- Price Includes:
- International air travel with Singapore Airlines, economy class, ex Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth (based on N class fare)
- 6 nights in 4 to 5 star hotels as listed, or similar
- 6 breakfasts
- Return airport transfers by private vehicle with driver
- Sightseeing as listed, seat-in-coach, with English speaking guides and entrance fees included
- International air taxes and fuel surcharges of approximately $810 and subject to change – actual amount at time of ticket issue will apply.
Prices based on a minimum of two people travelling together. Sole traveller prices on request. Surcharges may apply during local holiday and festival times.
- Tour Sun Moon Lake in the lofty mountains of Central Taiwan
- Meet the monks at the Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Monastery and possibly join them for a vegetarian lunch
- Explore the scenic coastline and Taroko National Park